Every year, trillions of corporate debt is raised in transactions executed the same way they were executed 20 years ago. The only technology used is email, phone and good-old Excel and after the deal closes the institutional knowledge of the key commercial terms of the transaction is scattered across the shared drives or sit within silos of each deal team. It’s time for this massive industry, and all its participants to ask – how do we – the borrowers, lenders and advisors – take advantage of the same technologies (SaaS, AI, mobile and cloud) that every other industry is benefiting from?
Termgrid was built to address this question, solving the problem for all debt market participants through a new SaaS platform to power bank and private capital market transactions that:
- Helps borrowers – Private Equity funds, Corporates – drive better transaction execution
- Helps lenders – Banks and Private Debt Funds – strengthen their underwriting and collaborate better with borrowers
- Help advisors – Lawyers and Debt Advisors – deliver a better client and lender experience by streamlining and accelerating processes helping make good deals great deals
By automating mundane tasks, reducing process clutter and organizing institutional knowledge, Termgrid not only helps save valuable investment professional time but also enables faster and better decision making by organizing key transaction data in its data lake.
There is a clear and unfulfilled need to simplify debt financing processes and we are excited to be on this mission at this time for at least three major reasons:
- Secular growth in private capital markets. The current AUM of Private Capital Markets are almost at $10T and with private equity firms sitting on a trillion $ of dry powder ready to be invested
- Expansion in Privatization of credit. The non-bank lender universe has grown 10x in the last 10 years and is now the preferred source of capital. Borrowers now have more choice than ever to find the best sources of capital.
- Unbundling of banks since the GFC. A number of Private Equity firms are now placing their own debt, a function traditionally serviced by the banks. This allows private equity firms to drive more flexibility for their portfolio companies while reducing the transaction fees.
Our platform has reached some major milestones since our launch less than 2 years ago: We have
- Supported 250+ transactions and $25bn+ in financing volume (disclosed, completed deals only).
- Enabled 5000+ finance professionals across 450+ financial institutions to collaborate routinely on our platform.
- Facilitated deals that range from $10m for an add-on acquisition to syndicating a $1bn+ loan widely.
We are excited by all of these accomplishments in our short history. But we are most proud of the trust we have earned from our clients – lenders, borrowers and advisors and the real partnerships we have forged with all of them. Our entire team is extremely grateful to all our clients for their support on our journey to date.
Find out more about how Termgrid can support your debt financing activities:
- PE sponsors, CFOs and Corporate Treasurers: Reach out to get access to our platform for your next financing
- Banks and Institutional lenders: Reach out to learn more about what we have to offer
- Advisors: Reach out to learn more about how we can assist you in delivering better deals and client experiences.
Finally, all the above is possible only because of the killer team at Termgrid that goes above and beyond every day to delight our customers and continues to push the boundary of innovation. We are hiring across a number of roles (Software Engineering / Product / Support / Finance etc.) so if you are passionate about what we are building here then email us at [email protected].